The Medina Valley ISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved new District Belief Statements at their meeting on Monday, September 19. The belief statements were developed by the MVISD Strategic Planning Committee over the past several months. The committee is made up of parents, grandparents, teachers, staff members, community members, and business leaders. The group represents every geographic area of the district. The committee is now working to develop a district mission statement, district vision statement, and district strategic goals. The belief statements as approved by the Board are as follows:
Medina Valley ISD, in partnership with the Medina Valley Community, believes that:
- Education and student success are the shared responsibility of the home, school, and community.
- All students and staff are entitled to an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- Access to and responsible use of current technology is essential.
- Students with pride and respect for the school have a greater commitment to achieving their highest potential.
- All students are responsible for their choices, actions, and learning.
- All decisions will be based on students’ needs with their best interest in mind.
- All students have the ability to learn.
- All students will receive a challenging, balanced, and well-rounded education.
- The diversity of our students fosters experiences that teach them to value and respect the differences of others.
- All students will be encouraged and challenged to be self-directed critical thinkers and life-long learners.
- A quality education addresses all students’ academic, social, and emotional needs.
- All electives and extracurricular activities enhance academic skills and are critical to a well-rounded education.